Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An amazing birthday at Zion National Park

What a day I had today! It was beyond anything a photograph could capture, but that didn't stop me from taking 100 photos each day. There was snow and ice on the trail, and it was an uphill 25-30 % grade. I was careful to step on snow and dry areas rather than the ice.
Towards the top, I was holding onto a chain with both hands and pulling myself up. When I couldn't find any good place to step, that was it. I didn't try to go any further.

The views were spectacular, and I thought about my friends all over the world, all of whom would love this place.

I got many birthday wishes -- thank you! My mother and I share this birthday. Had she lived, she would have been 86 today. I still miss her.

I wish so many of my friends and family were here!

I think THE best birthday present is to be healthy and have the means to take such a birthday trip. Tomorrow I return to Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment