Monday, February 22, 2010

Zion National Park

I am inspired to start a blog by a walker named Sylvia of Durban, South Africa. Sylvia is dedicated to helping people who choose to do the Camino de Santiago in Spain. She has made over 3,000 post to a Camino Forum, and her AMAWALKER blog won an award for best travel blog. The spirit she has of helping others and sharing her enthusiasm for the Camino is something that has moved and inspired me.

Besides, there's just not enough room to write on Facebook, and not everyone I want to share my experiences with is on Facebook.

Today in Zion National Park, I was overcome with tears at the spectacular beauty of the enormous rock formations with a sprinkling of snow with bright blue sky behind.
I went on three different hikes, walking a total of 18,237 steps, according to my pedometer.

This is a birthday trip for me: tomorrow I'll be 58. I can hardly believe that.

I found a fabulous restaurant, and then the hot tub at the place I'm staying. Life is so very good.

I thought about bringing my grandnephew, Adriano here, envisioning a meeting of him, his parents, Halcyon and Roberto and myself here. But there are many steep cliffs here, and he's still at the age were he likes to run around out of control. Maybe when he's 4, which my other grandnephew, Theo will be in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment